What is Data Security?
Data security is essentially the practice of keeping your data protected from unauthorised users and hackers. Data comes in many shapes and forms, including: emails, calendars, tasks, contacts, pictures, images, files, etc. Our primary focus of data security is to protect vital data while maintaining business integrity.
Why you should protect your data
Data is one of the most important assets to a business, most often the key to many business’s success. But what happens if this data was to fall into the wrong hands? Without proper constraints in place, your business data may be vulnerable to potential threats.
In many cases, data can be lost through human error. Bluescope Technologies uses Data Segregation as a tool to keep your information safe at all times. Data Segregation is used to separate data among each user in a business – a type of need-to-know basis for delegating data. For example, a duty of your sales team is to generate leads, opportunities, and provide quotes for your customers. However, they do not need to see the quarterly financial earnings of the business.
There are many external and internal factors that could affect data security, which include: suffering from a data breach online, and physical threats such as failed hardware which results in a critical loss of data.
Our mission is to safeguard your data from any potential threats that may arise. We offer a range of services that make sure your business data follows Data Compliance regulations and also achieves Due Diligence. Furthermore, business data is occasionally subject to audits by data controllers – according to governing laws, all data must follow certain guidelines.
Did you know that Microsoft Office 365 is designed with industry-leading security measures and privacy policies to safeguard your data in the cloud, including the categories of personal data identified by the GDPR? Office and Office 365 can help you on your journey to reducing risks and achieving compliance with the GDPR.
Data Compliance & Due Diligence
Data compliance is of uttermost important to us, which is why we strive to provide you with the highest level of security for your data. By following the regulations set out in the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, we perform due diligence on all of our data security services.
Some of the many tactics we introduce are:
- Password Policies - Two factor authentication such as sending a code to your phone or email
- Data Encryption - Encryption with a minimum of SHA.256 – model
- Compliance Policies – Ensures that users within a business do not leave a computer unlocked when away from their desk
- Full Control – Stay in control of all authorised users, monitor who accesses data through all devices
- BYOD/MDM – If you are a business who adopt the ‘Bring Your Own Device’ (BYOD) model or utilise ‘Mobile Device Management’ (MDM), it is important to remember that incidents happen – thefts occur, hardware breaks, etc.
- Keep your data backed up at all times. We can also remotely wipe a device if the need arises.
- And much more.
We recommend Microsoft Office 365 as a security measure. Did you know what Office 365 is ISO 27001, 27018, and Safe Harbour compliant?
To learn more about the Data Security options we can offer your business, contact us today for more information.
Contact Us Today
Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 offers world-class data security in the form of a cloud-based platform which enables you to access all of your important files and documents anywhere - on any device.
Some of the many data security features you can expect to find in Office 365 are:
- Regular data backups
- Enabled encryption of data
- Restricted access to unauthorised personnel
- Enforcement of more secure passwords
- For more information, please visit our Office 365 page